Vibratory Feeder Bowl Parts Feed Rate
Parts Feed Rate refers to the number of properly oriented parts which are discharged from the bowl in a given period of time. Feed rate is generally expressed in Parts Per Minute (PPM) and depends on:
- The configuration and the mass of the parts.
- The amount of orientation required.
- The number of tracks in the bowl.
- The presence of power assists (such as air jets and miniature vibrators).
- The type and the size of the base unit used.
- The setting of a variable speed solid state controller.
- The level of parts maintained in the bowl.
One easy way to increase total output from the vibratory feeder bowl is to specify a bowl having two or more tracks. The output from the bowl is significantly increased by the number of tracks it contains.
Parts Feed Rate Resources